The Rent vs Own report is a bit different from the others because it shows both the total PITI payment (left side of presentation) and a NET monthly payment. The net monthly payment is actually the total PITI minus the monthly principal paid and the monthly tax benefit. The effective payment comparison shows the total unrecoverable costs on each side. The rent will never be recovered, but the homeowner will retain the principal in the form of equity and will reap the tax benefit.
Articles in this section
- Which fees are contribution style fees that knock down the cash to close?
- Monthly Savings Benchmark
- 1st Loan 5yr Cost
- How do I cancel my membership?
- How do I update my credit card for my membership?
- How do I retrieve my password if I forgot it?
- What are my video recording limitations? (time & file size)
- TCA - Annual Appreciation Percentage
- On a Rent vs Own report, how is the Net Monthly Payment calculated?
- How to change your email address in MC