1) Go to the tools menu in Internet Explorer and choose "Delete Browsing History".
2) When the window comes up, select only the top 3 entries, then hit the delete button to remove them.
3) Close out of ALL internet windows, then open a new one
4) Log back into Edge and your missing data should be available.
To ensure you always get a fresh page when logging in to EDGE, we would recommend taking the following steps:
1) Go to the tools menu and hit Internet Options
2) In the Browsing history area, click on the settings button.
3) In the window that comes up, select the top option (check for new page every time).
4) Then hit OK, then OK again to exit the settings.
1) Go to the tools menu and hit “Clear Recent History”
2) For the time range, select “today”
3) In the details, select all options except for “active logins”, then hit “clear now”
4) Close all Firefox windows and open a new one to log back in.
1) Left click on options button at the top right of the browser (looks like 3 horizontal lines)
2) Click on the settings option and a new tab will open with your settings.
3) At the bottom of the screen, click on “Show advanced settings...” and the list will expand.
4) In the privacy area, click on “Clear Browsing Data”
5) Choose the past day for you time range
6) Check the top 4 boxes and the one that says “Clear data from hosted apps”
7) Hit the Clear Browsing data button
8) Close all Chrome windows and open a new one to log back in.